hubcapcollector.com

The only site for threaded hubcap collectors!


Home :: Login
Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Home > User galleries > frank > Threaded Hubcap Photos and Information

Roamer 1919

C6 Roadster

Studebaker_Radiator_Badge__1929.jpg Chenard_Walcker.jpg Roamer_1919_C6.jpg REO_Wolverine_PA_4_A.jpg Graham_Bros_Truck_PA_1_A.jpg
Rate this file (No vote yet)
File information
Filename:Roamer_1919_C6.jpg
Album name:frank / Threaded Hubcap Photos and Information
Keywords:qldpic
Filesize:12 KiB
Date added:Aug 20, 2007
Dimensions:295 x 221 pixels
Displayed:316 times
URL:http://hubcapcollector.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=1420
Favorites:Add to Favorites

Comment 1 to 1 of 1
Page: 1

Frank   [Aug 20, 2007 at 09:40 PM]
Barley Motor Car Co. was a manufacturer of automobiles in Kalamazoo, Michigan. It manufactured the Roamer automobile (1916-29) and, briefly, the Barley (1922-24) and the Pennant (1924-25). In 1913, Albert C. Barley bought the assets of the Streator Motor Car Co., which was put into receivership in 1911. Streator was itself the product of the Erie Motor Carriage Co. and had been manufacturing the Halladay automobile since 1905. Barley's new company was called Barley Manufacturing Co. and he reopened the factory at Streator, Illinois and continued to produce the Halladay for a few years.
Barley, Cloyd Y. Kenworthy, a New York auto dealer then selling only electric automobiles, and Karl H. Martin, who later developed the Wasp automobile, decided to build an upscale automobile, and incorporated Barley Motor Car Co. in New York State in September 1916 with a very small capitalization of only $50,000. It was established for the purpose of building motor trucks, cars, autos and accessories. Shortly thereafter, the company issued more classes of stock and was recapitalized with an additional $760,000, obtaining the existing assets of Barley's manufacturing company. Manufacturing was soon moved to Kalamazoo, occupying the former Kalamazoo Buggy Co. factory.
The initial model introduced in 1916 was called the Roamer. The name was Several models of the car were introduced over succeeding years. In 1918 the model C6 succeeded the Six but with a Continental 12XD engine developing 54-hp available in eight body styles from $2200 to $4900. In 1920, the model D4 Touring with a four-cylinder suggested by Kenworthy's chauffeur after a popular racing horse of the era. The car was very stylish and the grill was nickel plated and modeled after the Rolls Royce grill. The initial model was called Roamer Six, a four-door touring car with a 6-cylinder Continental 24-hp engine. Oscar Wilde purchased one of the first cars built and his endorsement was featured in early advertising. Duesenberg 75-hp engine went for $5,300 (4-passenger) and $5,400 (7-passenger). By 1922, only the model 6-54 remained.

Comment 1 to 1 of 1
Page: 1