hubcapcollector.com

The only site for threaded hubcap collectors!


Home :: Login
Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search
Choose your language:

Most viewed
Templar_CB_1_A.jpg
Templar_CB_1_A.jpgTemplar210 viewsThis is a nickel plated brass hubcap for a Templar automobile built in Cleveland, Ohio. The Maltese Cross on the cap's face was the symbol of the medieval Knights Templar after whom the car was named. Templars were built in limited numbers from 1917 to 1924. They were billed as America's "Super Fine Small Car", and they were very fine automobiles. Four cylinder overhead valve engines powered these sleek small cars, giving great performance. Templars featured standard equipment and options that few other cars could match. The company failed for a variety of reasons that had nothing to do with the excellence of their automobiles.

The hubcap is a heavy brass casting. Thread diameter is 2 3/4 inches, and the distance across the faces of the wrench hex is 2 1/8 inches. The hubcap needs to be cleaned up and replated for full restoration. There is a very small dent in one of the arms on the cross, and there is a small scrape on the edge of the face that should be dressed with a file before replating. This is a very rare find that could make a Templar owner very happy, or could be a great addition to a hubcap collection.
frank
Auburn_8.jpg
Auburn_8.jpgAuburn 1927 209 viewsOne of the most successful of the big American independents, Auburn rose from humble beginnings as a carriage manufacturer in Indiana to the producer of some of the most glamorous cars of the Roaring Twenties, including the famous Speedster.
In 1924, a young Errett Lobban Cord became the General Manager at Auburn and in short space of time had revitalised the company, installing the Lycoming straight-eight engine in existing six-cylinder frames to expand the range with the new 8-63 and 8-88 series in 1925. With stylish looks and two-tone paint schemes, the new Auburns were soon selling very well and in 1927 Cord took three Auburns broke the records for stock cars between 5 and 5,000 miles at Atlantic City Speedway. In 1927, the 8-88 was offered on two wheelbase lengths of 129 and 147-inches respectively, the latter sold only as a tourer or sedan with accommodation for seven passengers. A choice of disc or six-spoke pressed-steel wheels were available, while the 8-88 had four-wheel mechanical brakes and long semi-elliptic springs for a comfortable ride. The Lycoming 4HM straight-eight developed 68 horsepower at 3000 rpm and was capable of pushing the Auburn along at speeds in excess of 60 mph. On 1927 models, the engine was further refined with Nelson Bohnalite pistons, Duraluminium rods and had a five-bearing crankshaft. In total, Auburn sold 14,517 cars in 1927, resulting in a 57 per cent increase in profits over the previous year - an indication of the success the company was enjoying.
1 commentsfrank
Studebaker_PA_9_C.jpg
Studebaker_PA_9_C.jpgStudebaker209 viewsobsolete
Ceirano_1_A.jpg
Ceirano_1_A.jpgCeirano208 views1 commentsDKuhn
Argo_Radiator_Badge_1_A.jpg
Argo_Radiator_Badge_1_A.jpgArgo208 viewsDescription: This is a different company then the Argo Electric that was built in Saginaw, Michigan. This one by Argo Motor Co. was built in Jackson, Michigan between the years of 1914 and 1918 It was built by Benjamin Briscoe and started out as Briscoe’s French cycle car venture under the name of Ajax. It returned to the USA. with only Ajax friction drive and the name being changed and was sometimes referred to as the Argo Motor Vique to make it sound a little more French. Briscoe was going to build the car in New York but moved the company to Jackson Michigan when the Standard Electric plant became available and the Argo became a larger conventional assembled car by 1916. Briscoe sold the works to Mansell Hackett who reorganized as the Hackett Motor Car Company in the fall of 1916 but continued assembling Argo’s from parts on hand as late as 1918. (Info from The Standard Catalog of American Cars)
frank
Bentley_NPPS_1_A.jpg
Bentley_NPPS_1_A.jpgBentley206 viewsDescription: Bentley Threaded Hubcap made in London, Great Britain starting in 1920.

Size: It's outside threaded diameter is 2-7/8" and inside diameter is 2-5/8". The overall height is 1-1/4".
1 commentsfrank
American_Underslung_PA_1-A.jpg
American_Underslung_PA_1-A.jpgAmerican Underslung206 viewsDescription: Pressed aluminium hubcap with brass insert
U.S.A. 1906-14. AMERICAN MOTOR CO, INDIANAPOLIS,INDIANA.
Jeff
Hispano-Suiza.jpg
Hispano-Suiza.jpgHispano Suiza 1913205 views1913 Hispano-Suiza VCCA NSW1 commentsfrank
Hupmobile_1916.jpg
Hupmobile_1916.jpg1916 Hupmobile VCCA NSW205 views1 commentsfrank
Lambert_PB_2_A.jpg
Lambert_PB_2_A.jpgLambert204 viewsLAMBERT BRASS HUB CAP WITH 3 1/8" approx OD1 commentsfrank
Lexington_.jpg
Lexington_.jpgLexington 1920202 viewsThis 1920 Lexington Minute Man Six touring car is one of only about 20 Lexingtons known to exist. 1 commentsfrank
Essex_Radiator_Badge.jpg
Essex_Radiator_Badge.jpgEssex Radiator Badge202 viewsfrank
ArrolJohnston_caps.jpg
ArrolJohnston_caps.jpgArrol Johnston202 viewsFour caps of various stages of AJ production including the Arrol Aster.

Located in Dumfries museum
hubcapco
Cadillac_CB_2_A.jpg
Cadillac_CB_2_A.jpgCadillac201 viewsThis is a cylinder shaped brass Cadillac Motor Car Co. threaded hubcap. It is in very good shape for a hubcap that is over 100 years old, see pics. Measures 2 3/8" thread diameter and is 1 1/2" highfrank
Erskine_Radiator_Badge_1928.jpg
Erskine_Radiator_Badge_1928.jpgErskine Radiator Badge 1927-29201 viewsfrank
2997 files on 200 page(s) 7